As Iraqi resistance mounts, US troops demand, `Bring us home!' - Green Left Weekly #546 July 23, 2003
glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Wed Jul 23 01:43:15 MDT 2003
Green Left Weekly, Australia's socialist newspaper
Issue #546 July 23, 2003
Green Left Weekly provides news, information, opinion and debate from an
environmental and left perspective.
Featured this week: As Iraqi resistance mounts: US troops demand, "Bring
The Bush administration is facing a deepening political crisis as public
support for the invasion of Iraq falls, fuelled by the mounting death
toll of US soldiers and the unravelling of the White House's pre-war
lies about Iraq's possession of "weapons of mass destruction". As the
Iraqi people's resistance escalates, US troops and their families are
demanding, "Bring us home!".
* IRAQ: As guerrilla war grows, troops want out
* Coca-Cola kills!
* Former CIA agent tells: How US infiltrates `civil society' to
* SOUTH AFRICA: Activists condemn Bush's imperial agenda
* ANC `sides with US imperialism'
* LIBERIA: US intervention no solution to crisis &&
* NIGERIA: Unions compromise, end general strike
* SOUTH AFRICA: ANC seeks to impose `consensus' on workers, poor
* VENEZUELA: Workers seize Pepsi plant
* EAST TIMOR: Australian companies are `worst employers'
* PHILIPPINES: Left wins seats in Congress
* CANADA: Health cuts aggravated SARS
* UNITED STATES: Expert: `Depleted uranium use is a war crime'
* UNITED STATES: `End the occupation, bring the troops home'
* HONG KONG: Protests force government retreat
* CANADA: Montreal cops evict squatters
* WORLD TRADE ORGANISATION: Services rules expansion threatens national
* CUBA: Criminals attempt to hijack fishing boat
* CUBA: Aleida Guevara - The left should not abandon `its core principles'
* Monbiot's new world order
* Move to split Sydney anti-war coalition
* Arms production and capitalism
* No blockade of North Korea!
* Vietnamese refugees banished to Christmas Island
* A woman's place is in the struggle: Death in Juarez
* Hicks faces show trial
* Australia rides into the Solomons
* Organised employer response to pattern agreement
* Socialist Alliance activist elected as labour council official
* ACI workers confront management
* Martin Bright workers strike
* Police attempt to ban dissent
* NT's major rivers under threat
* Ruddock considers deporting year 11 student
* Tent embassy under further attack
* Killer Coke campaign launched
* Young people plan resistance
* Win for strikers in Burrup dispute
* Students picket Sydney University Senate
* Election victory for postal union militants
* Styx march boosts movement
* Ralph Miliband: accurate diagnosis, faulty prescription
* Belafonte, people's artists scorch lying US regime
* Censorship: `Let us choose the good from the bad!'
Write On: Letters to Green Left Weekly
Articles posted are as they were before proofreading, and prior to any
final changes in the printed version.
All articles appearing in Green Left Weekly, and reprinted here, are
copyright by their authors. However, most regular contributors have
granted permission for their work to be republished by non-profit green,
left, human rights or generally progressive publications.
Where such permission has NOT been granted, articles are marked with the
symbol && in the index above. Before reprinting such an article, or if
uncertain whether your publication is allowed to reprint, please inquire
by e-mail at glw at greenleft.org.au.
We like to know what audiences we are reaching, and would therefore
appreciate being informed of any republication (in print or electronically).
glw at greenleft.org.au
More information about the Marxism