Quote of the day - Richard Perle

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:25:48 MDT 2003

"Perle added that "we are absolutely certain" that weapons of mass
destruction are hidden in Iraq - Washington's motive for launching the
offensive against Baghdad - but that it may take dozens of years to find
them."

""We don't know where to look for them and we never did know where to look
for them," he admitted."

This must be news to Hans Blix. He actually thought the US was giving him
useful information. Of course, he didn't think that for long.

It must also be news to Colin Powell, who showed pictures to the UN of
plants that had just been evacuated of chemical weapons.

And then of course it must be news to Donald Rumsfeld as well, with his
famous "We know where they  are, they are in the area around Tikrit and
Baghdad" line (or should that be lie?).

Full: http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=6490