goff's page is silly

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Wed Jul 23 12:10:13 MDT 2003

dms:

> I apologize if I sound a bit strident here-- problems with visceral
> response.  I still tremble and want to puke every- time this comes
> up.  Suppressed panic is a mindfucker.

i'm doing everything i can to avoid lookin at CNN at the moment.

and here is a Democrat for ya:

  http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/23/clinton.iraq.sotu/index.html

  Bill Clinton on Bush uranium line: 'Everybody makes mistakes'
  Former president accepts explanation on State of the Union
  Wednesday, July 23, 2003 Posted: 1:31 PM EDT (1731 GMT)

  Bill Clinton: "Everybody makes mistakes when they are president."

 WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The White House, attacked by critics for a
 now-retracted line about Iraq seeking uranium from Africa in
 President Bush's State of the Union address, has gotten some
 surprising support from former President Clinton.

 "I thought the White House did the right thing in just saying 'we
 probably shouldn't have said that,' " Clinton told CNN's Larry King
 in a phone interview Tuesday evening.

 "You know, everybody makes mistakes when they are president," Clinton
 said. "I mean, you can't make as many calls as you have to make
 without messing up once in awhile. The thing we ought to be focused
 on is what is the right thing to do now. That's what I think."

so there!

les schaffer