enough with the goff

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 20:13:24 MDT 2003

I was in the US military and Goff doesn't speak to me.
His politics are a blank from what I can see. And his
military experience sounds too Rambo to make it seem
like he walks the walk anymore than anyone else does.

When US service members complain on camera, remember a
few things. One, chances are they aren't even typical
grunts, which is how they got on camera in the first
place. Second, when they complain that they now
question why they put their precious American lives on
the line, we need to counter with, Why have you signed
on to kill people? Do you know you are now one of the
rank and file that is conducting an illegal campaign?
For every American who has lost their life, how many
Iraqis have lost theirs? If you don't even think about
such things, why is that? I get back to the lack of
morality in Goff's language. It isn't about
moralising; it's about hot air. And hot air is a waste
of energy. American troops out now? Stop killing
people now!

C. Jannuzi

=====
http://www.literacyacrosscultures.org