White academics

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 24 02:06:55 MDT 2003

Quoting :  Jose G. Perez (aka either/or)

 David Quarter writes:

> >>I always amused when a "person of colour" refers to *the* "white"
> people, as if to imply that in general europeans  all think alike.<<

 Or perhaps David wants to carve out a specific caveat "being determines
> consciousness except when it comes to knowing about Native Americans."
>
> Either way, to David Quarter's assertions that race is irrelevant,

  Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm glad you figured it out!

I can
> only say: It is very white of you to think that.

   Yes. the white side of me dominates my thinking. Incidentally,
this has always made the black side of me very jealous!

José

P.S. Get a life...

DOQ