enough Goff (and this thread)

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 11:04:30 MDT 2003

At 08:15 AM 7/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Oh, who am I to question your authenticity? I must
>say, it is one of the most unlikely names I've ever
>heard, regardless of the Chinese factor.

if you're going to accuse me in a public forum of using a pseudonym, what
am i supposed to do?

>Am I implying or are you inferring?

why the verbal gymnastics?  for the sake of argument, i say both.  anyway,
you started this thread such: "Stan the airborne leftist reaching out to
the service people to sell his book. I totally question the objectives.
It's the cart before the horse."

>  My major point,
>which never gets recited in these discussions, is that
>Americans are going to have to get beyond their own
>in-born American firsterism--it's communal, it's
>nationalistic, and ultimately it serves our
>oppressors.

well, if recitation was so important to you:
xenon recites, "americans are going to have to get beyond their own in-born
american firsterism - it's communal, it's nationalistic, and ultimately it
serves our oppressors."

>A totally sophomoric move--please cite something to
>sound more convincing.

i cited the links, and you refused.  i concede i could've done more, but
frankly i am not going to spend too much more time on threads like this,
and if you are unwilling to spare a moment to even just skim through his
very brief articles/essays, why should i bother?

>Well Rummy and Wolfie have had less than half a year
>to do their nasty work. Don't underestimate them.

am i underestimating them?  what, because i called them "kooks"?  perhaps
you are overestimating them?  plenty of the upper echelon in the military
have expressed their dislike of rumsfeld, a higher profile case being
recently "ousted" member of the joint chiefs, gen. shinseki.  sure, rummy
et al may be able to machinate a continued hold on on their position, so i
don't underestimate them or the system that protects them in that
regard.  but i still say they're out of their minds (such as thinking that
"smart weapon"-centric bombing will solve everything - i agree, "nasty
work" indeed).  you cite that rummy had been for the past two years trying
to de-emphasize the reserves and NG, but that plan sure fell flat on it's
face in light of the current reality of occupation, now didn't it?  you
speculated that many on the list were unaware of this, as well as of the
"military town" phenomenon.  i threw in my bit since i found it ironic that
this is a stan goff-related thread and yet at least for me personally his
writings were amongst the many that brought to light precisely those things
you postulated folks here were clueless about.

barring some extraordinary circumstance, this is my last post to this thread.

xzy