White Academics

Shane Hopkinson s.hopkinson at cqu.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 17:04:55 MDT 2003

Hi All

I don't have too much to add to Jim's post on this but I do
think that its worth adding that its this kind of reductionist
Marxism that cuts us off from understanding the world.

There has been a lot of excellent work done on the way
race plays itself out in class struggle terms by Marxists
without being  reductionist about it.

There is Peter McLaren's "Revolutionary Multiculturalism".

Theodore Allen 'The Invention of the White Race' in 2 volumes (
fortunately there is a summary
Summary of the Argument of 'The Invention of the White Race'
Part 1: <http://eserver.org/clogic/1-2/allen.html>
Part 2: <http://eserver.org/clogic/1-2/allen2.html>

Kenan Malik <http://www.kenanmalik.com/>
wrote the "Meaning of Race" (just found that he has a home page).

and the journal:
Race Traitor: Journal of the New Abolitionism <http://racetraitor.org/>

Loren Goldner <http://home.earthlink.net/~lrgoldner/>
 Most immediately relevant is
'Race and the Enlightenment Part I : From Anti-Semitism to White Supremacy 1492-1676' .
<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Elrgoldner/raceI.html>
'Race and the Enlightenment Part II : The Anglo-French Enlightenment and Beyond' .
<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Elrgoldner/raceII.html>

In one of Loren's pieces he says: "back in the seventies
I was a 'colour-blind' Marxist which of course means that I
was a blind Marxist".

Well said I think.

Shane