About DMS

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jul 24 18:46:23 MDT 2003

>I want to ask everyone else on the list, what's the point of discussing
>this with this person? This is the most primitive, mindless, infantile
>kind of sectarian ultraleftism imaginable. The demand is "inadequate" --
>well, name me a demand that isn't "inadequate."
>
>José

I want to second what José has written. I have mixed feelings about David's
participation on the list. He has been unsubbed twice by me for stepping
out of bounds and once by himself when he got fed up with the list.

He is about my age and a NYC professional. In private exchanges with him, I
have learned that he has never belonged to a Marxist organization. His
brand of radicalism was very popular in the 1960s and he seems to have
changed very little since the time when he first became politicized.

The reason I am lenient with him is that he has made it clear to me
privately that he values the list highly. I am hoping that he can adjust to
the political and social culture of the list, even though it is an uphill
battle.

In any case, it probably does not make sense to spend a lot of time in
debate with him since his views are not reflective of any significant
section of the movement today. For people who were around in the 60s like
me, you will remember that this was not the case back then.