what needs to be done

Tofri Todiban tofritodiban at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 09:09:16 MDT 2003

>Actually I am quite shocked by what Charles Januzzi
has written
>here.  There is absolutely no excuse for this type of
language between
>comrades, unless there is a medical condition, in
which case I would be
>sympathetic but would still insist on retraction and
or apology.

>Gary

Actually, for the most part, the obscenity was posted
by Louis P. and for that he shows himself for the
snake he is.

Now the snake writes:

>>Unfortunately I made the mistake to allow Schanoes
to resub. Every time he
has participated on the list, he has helped to
polarize things. I believe
that if he hadn't shown up, Januzzi would have not
gone off the deep end.<<

You went off the deep end when you decided that old
relationships matter more than the content of what is
posted.

>>I think the phenomenon we are dealing with is a
well-known one. It can be
seen on Doug Henwood's email list where threads go on
for weeks and people
routinely post 8 times a day. The debates tend to
involve issues in which
there can only be one "winner".<<

Oh, well, you sure decided that fairly didn't you?

>> For example, they are debating Stalin of
all things right now. Berkeley professor and
ex-Clinton official Brad
DeLong is accusing people of being shills for Stalin,
while his adversaries
are bringing up Henry Kissinger. As if they haven't
heard this all before.<<

I don't know, sounds pretty radical compared to
support our troops. And Biff is always more fun than
you, you old stick.

>>this leads me to make an observation about the kind
of postings I would
like to see here. Although I am not interested in
establishing some kind of
rigid rules, I think that you should generally be able
to make all the
points you need to make in a debate in 4 or 5 posts a
day. I told Schanoes
offlist that he was posting too frequently. Instead of
posting 3-paragraph
messages 8 to 10 times a day, he should post half as
often and double up
the length of the posts. Since he seemed to be the
only person given to
such excesses, perhaps it is a moot point.<<

You seem far too prejudiced about most things to be
able to establish a real discussion list. This is why
you, Perelman and Henwood, ultimately, are just
counterproductive and should be shown to be the frauds
you are.

Tofri