This List Kicks Ass

M. Junaid Alam junaidalam at msalam.net
Fri Jul 25 12:13:17 MDT 2003

Seems to be a number of rascals scurrying about on the list hurling
invective and vitriol left and right. It's like the equivalent of 'my
dick is bigger than yours' contest converted into cyberspace. Cyberspace
does some funny shit to people; people sitting behind there computer all
day start to imagine they are tough guys and start slinging shit;
characters like Januzzi and this 'Tofri Todaban' dude especially are
throwing around more smears than the Bush admininstration can pump out
lies.

Frankly, I think this list kicks ass. It's the only Marxist list that is
non-dogmatic, non-party affiliated, that is useful in theory and
practice that I've come across. And I think the reason for that is the
basic ground rules Crde. Proyect has established and his own insights
and articles he often writes up and posts here. Not to say there aren't
intense debates - no shortage of that - but it does not stray off into
the insane or inane and inanely repetitive and needlessly personalistic
as it has been as of late, at least before the offenders unsubbed or
were unsubbed.

This list is an invaluable resource in my theoretical and political
development, and is not run by any kind of 'good-old-boy' clique.

And oh yeah, I am not saying this because me and Lou are cronies going
back to the good old days or the SWP either. Hard to be cronies with
anyone at the age of 20.