Onward with thanks

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 25 15:38:26 MDT 2003

Lou, Les,

As you know, I've been reading Marxmail quite regularly, and
eventually almost daily, since the spring of 2002, and became a
member last November.

I've learned more in this short time than I have in the past 20 years
spent in this country (U.S.). The amount of knowledge that many
members possess is almost intimidating to me. The generosity of the
great majority is astonishingly superlative. Your non-sectarianism and
non-conformism allow for the widest expressions of often incisive and
highly valuable views, opinions, commentaries and the like. It is a
privilege to be associated with so may quality people and with such a
constructive work.

As someone who unfortunately has had to deal with abuse -- and its
consequences -- for my entire life, I have a keen sense about it,
whether physical or verbal. There is a strong correlation between
both. Neither should *ever* be tolerated.

When a debate, or an argumentation, degenerates into personal
vilification, the debate, or argumentation, ends and abuse begins.

I am relieved and glad that Melvin P., C. Jannuci, and D. Schanoes
are no longer on the List. They were abusers and their behavior was
quite disruptive to the List as a whole. I truly feel sorry for such
individuals for they are afflicted with a very destructive illness.

I thank you both for having taken proper action and I am grateful to
you for the existence of Marxmail and its contribution to our common
struggle.

Onward!

Best,
Gilles