Fisk the Barbarian

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Sat Jul 26 18:50:15 MDT 2003

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wrote:
> i don't want to take a solid position on this at the moment, but i will
> say that cde stolz brings up good points about fisk and others like him,
> whom by the way i never necessarily identified as part of the humanist
> traditions cited (marx, fourier, rousseau etc.)  i'd like to see what
> others might have to say on fisk and other so-called "critical" or
> "independent" western writers and how the left should view or relate to
> them.

Using the arguments of Vyadim Stolz all people born and raised in the
the West would seem to be excluded from taking a critical attitude
towards Western impoerialism. Any criticism would necessarily be simply
a camouflage, simply playing at being the West's moral conscience.

Based on my acquaintance with Fisk's writing over a number of years, not
simply reading about a dozen translated articles, I have come to the
conclusion that Fisk is an honest reporter who supplies those of us who
oppose western imperialism with information that is valuable as a
counterweight to the propaganda being pumped out by the imperial war
machines.

The quality is variable, due to deadlines and other constraints, but
dismissing him as part of the problem is utter nonsense.

Einde O'Callaghan