Forwarded from Derrick O'Keefe

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jul 27 07:26:38 MDT 2003

July 26th Greetings,

We had an unusually large public meeting here in Vancouver to mark the 50th
anniversary of Moncada. The Fidel documentary was showing in town the week
before and we had information tables inside the theatre every night and
handed out a good 3000 leaflets. That outreach and some good ad hoc
committee work translated into a very good political event.

Derrick.

***

NEW ON THE WEB
50th Anniversary of the Cuban Revolution
celebration in Vancouver

http://www.workingtv.com/mainp11.html

The Cuban Revolution began with the unsuccessful attack on the Moncada
Barracks led by a young Fidel Castro on July 26, 1953. This week nearly 500
people in Vancouver marked the 50th anniversary of Cuba's revolutionary
movement with a forum at the Maritime Labour Centre in Vancouver. The event
was both a celebration of the achievements made by the Cuban people through
a half a century of struggle, and a discussion of the threats faced today
in the context of current U.S. foreign policy.
In RealVideo and RealAudio formats.

RT: 60 minutes approximately in segments