Greeting Hawaii nationalists: Hawaii independence, S America independence (Forwarded from Nestor)

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 28 10:16:30 MDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Néstor Gorojovsky [mailto:ngoro at indec.mecon.gov.ar]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 11:06 AM
To: ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Subject: Hawaiian independence, South American independence

Dear Fred,

Maybe you can forward to the Hawaiian people a bit of Argentinean
solidarity.

The Kingdom of Hawaii was the first nation that recognized the
independence
of the United Provinces of South America, on occassion of the visit
made by
the Argentinean ship "Crucero La Argentina", in 1814, led by Captain
Hipolito Bouchard (a French Jacobin who joined his fate with that of
the
Latin American Revolution).

Official historians in Argentina, lackeys of the current imperial
power,
would like to forget this. But true patriots and revolutionists don´t.
As an
Argentinean citizen, by the way, I apologize for the absence of any
Argentinean reaction when the American coup d´Etat of 1894. But by
those
times we were already a semi-colony of Great Britain and our rulers
kept
little memory of the early years of our independent history.

Lic. Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
I N D E C