What's this marxism at xxxxxxx thing?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jul 31 11:40:09 MDT 2003

Gilles d'Aymery wrote:
> Les,
>
> Thank you for explaining the reason of this change. But should the negative
> actions of one rightwinger lead to less openness? One of the many valuable
> features of Marxmail has been its openness. One can express oneself publicly
> and stands by one's word with a real name (I know some regretfully use
> pseudonyms) and a real address. And, as I said previously, this change makes
> communicating with others off-list much harder.
>
> It's a balancing act, certainly. I guess both you and Lou thought this issue
> through. I, for one, regret it. Thanks.

There was not that much discussion about it since I didn't think that
anybody would miss seeing the email addresses. Thinking about it some
more, it seems that the original consideration driving this
change--security--is probably not serious since the CIA and FBI can get
a hold of the email addresses easily enough. Please send me your
thoughts on this privately so me and Les can kick it around some more.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org