The Nation Magazine's tainted liberalism

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Mar 1 13:27:20 MST 2003

I agree that the Nation is doing horrible things.  One small point.  I am
not sure how much stock to put on a critique of his ancient past.  A few
decades ago, when Kopkind and Ridgeway were the core of the New Republic,
it was great -- at least I felt that at the time.  Would that wonderful
past excuse the present magazine and more than the Nation's past would
condemn its present manifestation?

Also, the Nation sometimes does publish some good stuff, which does not
excuse some of its more blatant trash.
 --
Michael Perelman
Economics Department