Now Saudi's declare against war

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Mar 3 16:21:47 MST 2003

At 09:21  3/03/03 +0000, Paddy wrote:

>The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will have no part in a war against Iraq," Saudi
>Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al Faisal said yesterday in an
>interview on CNN.

I will believe that when I see it, Paddy.  The House of Saud has survived
by playing all sides and putting family members into all factions and
parties.  What is significant is that they have to say this anti-war stuff
publicly, but that is all it is - simply rhetoric.  In private they will be
assuring the Americans of undying loyalty and when war breaks out they will
smash any protests.

In the mean time they will join the anti-war posture of the other Arab
leaders. They will indulge in the usual rabid anti-Semitic filth and their
mirror image in Israel, Ariel Sharon, will seize upon it as a justification
for his war against the Palestinians. I recently read Golda Meir on the
then Kingof SA (Fahd??) and his mad anti-semitism served her cause well, as
did her brutality serve his.

It is the Arab revolution that will put an end to this partnership.  But
when and where it will come no one knows.  But come it will.

regards

Gary