East Timor, Luxembourg and Lenin - PS

Tom O'Lincoln suarsos at alphalink.com.au
Mon Mar 3 18:10:58 MST 2003

Let's do another take:

Bob Gould:
>>there is no traditional Marxist principle that Marxists never in any
circumstances support the military
conflicts of capitalist states.<<

Me:
>Quite true. I support the struggles of oppressed nations, eg the North
Vietnamese Army against America. Supporting imperialist  troops is another
matter.<

He he. I forgot you don't all support the theory of state capitalism...
Perhaps a better example is an American invasion of Iraq. I will support
the troops of Saddam Hussein, on anti-imperialist grounds. But I would not
support American troops in the Gulf even if they were going to make the
"set-up" better.