Senegal protest: "In Africa, we know war"

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Mar 5 18:19:48 MST 2003

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030305/ap_wo_en_ge/af_ge
n_senegal_war_protest_1

By EDWARD HARRIS, Associated Press Writer

DAKAR, Senegal - Chanting "Bush, butcher, Blair, terrorist," nearly 1,000
marched for peace in this west African nation Wednesday, urging three other
African countries to cast their crucial votes against a U.N. Security
Council resolution authorizing an invasion of Iraq  [..]

"In Africa, we know war," said Ibrahima Diedhiou, a leader of the march,
which ended at a monument commemorating overwhelmingly Muslim Senegal's 1960
independence from France.

"We must galvanize the other African nations to help promote peace. Those
three countries must make a good impression for all Africans and show we
love peace."  [...]