Trotsky / Breton / Rivera

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Mar 6 08:13:46 MST 2003

I have discussed some of these issues, in the past, on the list, as well
as elsewhere.  Some  posts by myself and others on these issues can
be found in the archives at:

http://www.marxmail.org/archives/Mar99/freud.htm

http://www.marxmail.org/archives/February99/skinner.htm

http://world.std.com/~twc/reviews.htm#BFSkinner

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:34:10 -0500 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:
> John Paramo wrote:
> > On the other hand, what are the "controlled laboratory
> > experiments" of modern Psychology? Psychiatrist
> > hospitals? The litmus tests of behavioral "change?"
>
> Of course there are controlled experiments in psychology. When
> double-blind studies have been applied to people suffering from
> severe
> agorophobia, etc., they discover that they respond well to
> medication.
> Throughout the 1950s, not only did people suffering from such
> ailments
> waste fortunes discussing their dreams with psychoanalysts, the
> analysts
> refused to subject their "discipline" to the same clinical trials
> that
> normal medicine demands. It was a voodoo cult basically.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com