Labour Party dynamism at Canterbury University

Philip Ferguson plf13 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 9 20:13:29 MST 2003

High-profile Labour MP Tim Barnett was speaking at Canterbury University
today at lunchtime.

Despite being well-advertised, his meeting drew an audience of two.  One
was a random student and the other a member of the campus Labour Club, a
tiny sect of nerds a mere fraction of the size of the Anti-Capitalist
Alliance student group.

It will be interesting to see how many we attract to our first forum,
later this week.  We won't have any high-profile MPs but we do expect to
have an actual audience.
Phil