Greg Elich on Djindjic assassination

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Mar 12 07:43:11 MST 2003

> Serbian PM shot dead
>
> Zoran Djindjic, the Serbian prime minister and one of the key leaders in
> the revolt that toppled Slobodan Milosevic, was today assassinated in
> Belgrade.

Hi Lou,

Wow, that is really news.  Somehow I missed that when I checked the news
on the internet this morning.  In a way I am not surprised.  The guy
would sell his own mother, and there were many people angry with him.
But I've read many articles from the Yugoslav press that revealed his
involvement with the criminal underworld, including the most prominent
and dangerous mafia in Serbia, called Sarcin.  My guess is that the
assassination is connected with his involvement with the criminal world,
rather than his selling out Yugoslavia.

Thanks for sending.
Best regards,
Greg