Marx and the uses of myth

Charles Brown BrownBingb at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 22:08:36 MST 2003

From: Tmonchi at aol.com

Perhaps someone who is better read than I am can help me out here. Besides
Prometheus, does Marx address myths and their use in society anywhere?
Thanks, Tony Monchinski

^^^^

In Chapter XXVI of Vol. I of Capital, he mocks the myth that the original
capitalists accumulated their wealth by diligence, intelligence and
frugality.

In _The German Ideology_ ( I think), he and Engels discuss Strauss' _The Life
of Christ_, which is the life of Christ as myth.

Charles