5 million in Spain strike 15 minutes to protest war
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Mar 15 03:15:32 MST 2003
>AP. 14 March 2003. Millions of workers stage anti-war protests.
>MADRID -- Millions of workers staged anti-war protests Friday in Spain
>as Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar stood firmly by the United States'
>plans to attack Iraq.
>Spain's opposition parties, however, oppose a war, and opinion polls
>indicate that more than 80 percent of Spaniards feel the same way.
>Some five million people across the country, according to union
>estimates, staged a 15-minute work stoppage at noon to protest the war
5 million protesters in Spain. That's about one in eight Spaniards, right?
* Calendar of Events in Columbus:
* Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>
* Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio>
* Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>
PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
More information about the Marxism