Antiwar demo

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 15 17:14:57 MST 2003

I've no idea how many we had here in Los Angeles,
but it was thousands and thousands and it rained
for the entire day. Very spirited, more Asians than
we usually see at such events. Various people in
the entertainment industry, who have good reason
recently to pull back, chose not to do so and spoke
out loudly and clearly.

It's very unusual for people to come out and to do
ANYTHING when it rains. People sometimes don't
even go to work when it rains. A fine demonstration
for all who came. We had permission and the cops
closed off lots of areas downtown. I also observed
no problems with any of the police, either.

Walter Lippmann