FW: Bush's Religious Beliefs

Stuart Lawrence stuartwl at walrus.com
Sun Mar 16 15:11:29 MST 2003

<srankin at uark.edu> wrote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craven, Jim" <jcraven at clark.edu>
Date: Friday, March 14, 2003 10:23 am
Subject: FW: Bush's Religious Beliefs
So strong is the belief in rapture and that the
end-time is near in ourcountry that the ridiculous
becomes possible:

>        ARKANSAS CITY (EAP) -- A Little Rock woman
was killed yesterday after leaping through her
moving car's sun roof during an incident best
described as "a mistaken rapture" by dozens of eye
witnesses. Thirteen other people were injured after
a twenty-car pile up resulted from people trying to
avoid hitting the woman who was apparently convinced
 that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve
people floating up into the air,and then passed a
man on the side of the road who she claimed was Jesus.

Anyone know the date for this story from Arkansas
City?  I live in Arkansas and have not come across
this story until now.

Sandy Rankin
(a new marxmail subscriber)

the "No Joke Too Obvious" page at BreakTheChain.org:

http://www.breakthechain.org/jk.html

All I can say is that credulousness and satire don't mix well.

Stuart