protest email doing the rounds

Ben Halligan B.Halligan at yorksj.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 12:53:13 MST 2003

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 2:19 PM
Subject: OUR LAST CHANCE
I have a minimum choice !
There is a minimum personal free choice that I do have! This is to refuse
to sponsor or simply pay - those who I consider to be really responsible
for the coming war_in a very indirect and minimum way!I therefore can
refuse to consume any U.S. products, or even products which are related to
U.S. companies.
Between the 20th and the 30th of March lets not consume ANY american
products. The maximun that could be gained out of such an effort is that at
least 10 million people worldwide can deprive the american economy of $2,5
for 10 consecutive days. (This adds up to $250.000.000 -assuming that this
is how much a pack of American cigarettes and a can of Coca-cola would
cost)! The minimum that can certainly be gained is the personal
satisfaction of actually doing something! You can therefore start a
personal embargo to as many american products as you can. Stop consuming
them or substitute them with European, Asian, or African products! Anyway,
most of the time these products help local economies!
How can one start?
First of all by sending this mail to as many contacts as one can. If this
e-mail is sent to a minimum of 5 people from every recipient, then -at
least in theory - within 10 days,a maximum of 9.765.625 people will have
it in their mailbox. Even if you cannot resist the "magic" of american
products , at least passon this email.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, BUT YOU ALSO DO HAVE THE RIGHT
TO SPEAK UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND BE HEARD! AS A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD!