48 Hours to Get Out of Town!

Stuart Lawrence stuartwl at walrus.com
Tue Mar 18 20:50:01 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Brady" cdbrady at attglobal.net

>I was looking through the NYTimes transcript of the speech,
>and it came to the point where I wanted to find his invocation
>of his "oath", but the NYTimes version did not have that reference.
>It stuck in my mind because The Prescident did not say what oath
>in particular her was refering to: his Presidential swearing-in
>ceremony,  his Skull undt Bones oath, or some other pledge.
>
>Am I dreaming?  He did say "oath" last night, did he not?
>I admit I have an aversion to his voice--it gives me the creeps--
>and I was supine on the couch... perhaps I lapsed.

"Before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this
danger will be removed. The United States of America has the sovereign
authority to use force in assuring its own national security. That duty
falls to me as commander of chief by the oath I have sworn, by the oath
I will keep."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42675-2003Mar17.html

GWB is a "man of honor," but only in the sense that phrase is applied to
Mafia dons.

Stuart