One Fresh Apple Doesn't Unspoil the Barrel

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Thu Mar 20 13:30:44 MST 2003

Some Democrats on the war:

Loathsome war pigs: 6

My prayers and thoughts are with our sons and daughters in uniform. ... We
pray for their safety and their success, and we will make sure that they have
every necessary resource so that nothing stands between our troops and
victory." — Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D.

"Americans stand united behind our men and women in uniform. We pray for the
swift and successful disarmament of Iraq with the least possible loss of life
among our forces and the civilians of Iraq." — House Democratic Leader Nancy
Pelosi, D-Calif.

"Make no mistake, Saddam Hussein alone has chosen war over peace. He has
defied international law rather than disarm his weapons of mass destruction.
Our world will be safer when he is gone." — Sen. John Edwards (news, bio,
voting record), D-N.C.

"What we are doing here is not only in the interest of the safety of the
American people ... but what we are doing here in overthrowing Saddam and
removing those weapons of mass destruction, taking them into our control, is
good for the security of every nation in the world." — Sen. Joe Lieberman
(news - web sites), D-Conn., on CNN.

"I join all Americans in praising the bravery and skill of our men and women
in uniform as they launch this war on Saddam Hussein." — Sen. Bob Graham
(news, bio, voting record), D-Fla.

"I wish that it didn't come to this. Nobody wishes for war. But we must face
the challenge of terrorism head-on, and I support our commander in chief and
the American military at this critical time in that struggle." — Rep. Dick
Gephardt (news - web sites), D-Mo.

Craven opportunist: 1

"Regardless of where Americans stand in support or opposition to the
President's policies, I join all Americans in hoping for an early end to the
hostilities, with a minimum of casualties, and the safe return of those in
harm's way to their families here at home." — Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean.

Other: 1

"Tonight, President Bush (news - web sites) has commanded U.S. forces to go to
war in violation of American traditions of defensive war that have lasted
since George Washington. This war is wrong; it violates the Constitution and
international law." — Rep. Dennis Kucinich (news, bio, voting record), D-Ohio.

lp