On Clare Short was Re: One Fresh Apple Doesn't Unspoil the Barrel

Paddy Apling e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 20 14:40:24 MST 2003

Gary MacLennan wrote 20 March 2003 21:40

> The roll call of these disgusting creatures has made me recall
> that I meant
> to voice my disgust at the action of the so-called Leftist Clare Short in
> reneging on her pledge to resign from Blair's cabinet.
>
> What particularly offended me was how she insisted that here
> toadying up to
> the powerful took "courage".
>
> I wondere what the reaciton in Britain has been.
>
> regards
>
> Gary

I give below a copy of a message I have sent her -  {apologies for previous
empty message snet hitting the send button by accident)

You are too young to understand what war really means.  But does not your
conscience bother you at remaining in a government which is joining Bush in
this horrible, illegal, cowardly and unprovoked war?

Read the poem below, sent to us by American friends who recently spent a
sabbatical year living in our little Norfolk village:

FIRING SQUAD

Saddam Hussein is a bad man
So let’s line up the children of Iraq
And shoot them.

Saddam is a very bad man
So let’s line up the mothers of Iraq
And shoot them.

We know that Saddam is a bad man
So let’s line up all the old people of Iraq
And shoot them.

Saddam is a very bad man
And firing squads are old fashioned
So let’s just bomb Baghdad.

After we’ve bombed the Iraqis
With our “shock and awe” two-day plan
Surely they will welcome us as liberators.

Surely the Iraqis will thank Allah
That they have been so fortunate
To have been bombed with such precision.

Surely they will recognize
That Saddam is a very bad man
And their oil is better in our hands.

Saddam Hussein is a very bad man
So let’s line up the children of Iraq
And shoot them.

David Krieger

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."
--- Albert Camus

Paddy
WS Lt 4th Royal Tank Regiment, 1944-48
Mailto:E.C.Apling at btinternet.com