Peace groups under email attack

Jacob Levich jlevich at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 19:22:02 MST 2003

The email box of the Stony Brook Coalition Against War is being attacked;
several messages per minute headed "General Assembly Petition" are being
received.

  The attack appears to be a fairly sophisticated nuisance, since each
email has a different (spoofed) apparent sender. The message is addressed
to many peace groups -- I'm curious whether anyone else is experiencing
something similar. I suspect, given the timing, that this is part of a US
military or FBI "counterintelligence" operation  directed against the
organizers of antiwar rallies. (It could, of course, be a reactionary
freelancer.) If anyone is experiencing something similar, please speak up.

jake