"There are events in Basra"

Mike Friedman mikedf at magnus.amnh.org
Wed Mar 26 08:40:30 MST 2003

Not so perplexing. I could well believe that the British forces said
they were making Basra a military target in one breath and spouting
about an uprising in the next. I have no doubt that the CIA and its
British counterpart (MI-6 is it?) has been quite active in that city
fanning the flames and otherwise fanning resentment against the
regime.

Mike