HEADLINE OF THE DAY

Juan Fajardo fajardos at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 28 20:54:37 MST 2003

> To these people, a "fair fight" means that the
> enemy all wears identical uniforms, stands up
> in formation, raises their hands dutifully in the
> sky, and stands peacefully while being mowed
> down by the armies of God's Own Country.
>

> Walter

  In fact, they were counting on the war NOT being a "fair fight", thus
their expectation that it would be a "cake walk" and over in a matter of
days.

  They blithely support American state agents (in the form of military
personnel) dropping 2,000 lb bombs on Iraqi civil administration and
utility buildings from 15,000 feet up in the sky, but if Iraqi agents
drove a carbomb to a Federal Building or a power plant here, they would
compete to tear their vocal cords in condemning the "cowardly terrorist
attack."

Collateral damage, it seems, is never supposed to applies to us.

I'd hate to be the one to try to explain that to the parents of the
young people killed in the Baghdad market today.

- Juan