Fox News baits antiwar protesters

cuito61 at onebox.com cuito61 at onebox.com
Sat Mar 29 23:11:22 MST 2003

>"War protester auditions here today ... thanks for coming!" read one
>message. "Who won your right to show up here today?" another >questioned.
>"Protesters or soldiers?"

Is it just me, or is the entire premise wrong?  I mean, isn't this whole "soldiers protect/earn/ensure "freedom" thing just flatly wrong?  How does anyone actually believe this stuff and say it with a straight face?  Isn't it just another way of justifying military intervention?  I mean, if we jsut look at US history from the beginning to the present, one is hard-pressed to find any example where any action taken by the US military ensured or promoted anyone's "freedom," either at home or abroad.  The only 2 really arguable instances are maybe the civil war and WWII, but these are BOTH highly arguable and the true motives/results (not to mention behavior of the actual military during these campaigns) reveals something other than some altruistic campaign for human freedom.  SO what gives?  Is it just America's historical amnesia that allows so many people to believe this crap?  One could even make a damn good argument that "protestors" and other such agitators have been most r
 esponsible for earning the degree of "freedom" and rights that most Americans and other people have today.  Thoughts?

--
marc rodrigues
sfs> http://qcsfs.tripod.com

'one power.. is now wanting to plunge the world into a holocaust.. if there is a country which has committed unspeakable atrocities, it is the United States of America' -Nelson Mandela