The Language of US Workers Re: Antiwar Effort...
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Mar 30 00:50:41 MST 2003
At 9:10 PM -0600 3/29/03, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
>However, I feel compelled to bring this up because of the failure of
>many marxist parties in the US to communicate well with workers.
>Part of that failure, IMO, is rooted in a refusal to listen to the
>language and concepts the workers are using themselves.
I agree with you, but I have a question. Why are superficial
symbolic protestations of patriotism -- flags, anthems, the pledge of
allegiance, statements that our country is "the greatest nation,"
etc. -- more important to US workers than Japanese workers?
* Calendar of Events in Columbus:
* Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>
* Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio>
* Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>
PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
More information about the Marxism