The Language of US Workers Re: Antiwar Effort...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Mar 30 00:50:41 MST 2003

At 9:10 PM -0600 3/29/03, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
>However, I feel compelled to bring this up because of the failure of
>many marxist parties in the US to communicate well with workers.
>Part of that failure, IMO, is rooted in a refusal to listen to the
>language and concepts the workers are using themselves.

I agree with you, but I have a question.  Why are superficial
symbolic protestations of patriotism -- flags, anthems, the pledge of
allegiance, statements that our country is "the greatest nation,"
etc. -- more important to US workers than Japanese workers?
--
Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>