Robin Cook calls for pull-out of troops

Einde O'Callaghan einde.ocallaghan at planet-interkom.de
Sun Mar 30 00:00:54 MST 2003

Robin Cook was a senior member of the British government until he
resigned when Blair decided to go to war. He is a former Foreign
Secretary.
Einde O'Callaghan
-------------------------------
COOK: BRING OUR LADS HOME
Mar 30 2003
Let's send Rumsfeld and his hawks to war instead
By Robin Cook

This was meant to be a quick, easy war. Shortly before I resigned a
Cabinet colleague told me not to worry about the political fall-out.

The war would be finished long before polling day for the May local
elections.

I just hope those who expected a quick victory are proved right. I have
already had my fill of this bloody and unnecessary war. I want our
troops home and I want them home before more of them are killed.

Personally I would like to volunteer Rumsfeld, Cheney and Wolfowitz to
be "embedded" alongside the journalists with the forward units.
That would give them a chance to hear what the troops fighting for every
bridge over the Euphrates think about their promises.

The rest of the story at:
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=12790012&method=full&siteid=106694