Danny Morrison's 'Guardian' article

Philip Ferguson plf13 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu May 1 03:19:20 MDT 2003

Everything in this article, posted by Michael K, is, of course, true.

Given all that, one can only throw one's hands up and wonder what Danny
is complaining about in relation to current British demands on SF/IRA.
Did he really think it would be any different when the republican
leadership sat down in the British imperialist parlour?

"Come into my parlour," said the British imperialist spider to the Irish
republican fly.  And in went the fly.  Not much sense in the fly
whinging about what happens thereafter.

Especially when they'd already seen what happened to the Cumann na
Gaedheal fly, the Fianna Fail fly, the Cumann na Poblachta fly, the
Sticky fly, the SDLP fly.

Here we have history, once tragic, repeating as farce.

Philip Ferguson