Chomsky on C-Span2

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 14:15:39 MDT 2003

Louis P. wrote:

>My guess is that Chomsky tends to sign anything that comes his way,

I'm sorry. Chomsky is a very smart man, and very wise to the ways of
imperialism and its intentions and its methods. He should know better
than to sign something without carefully thinking through the
implications. I guess that means he's either not as smart as I think
he is, or else he did know what he was doing.

If he really signed that petition in error, then signing another more
"correct" petition isn't a compensation. He's perfectly capable of
coming out and saying that his signing the first petition was a hasty
error that he regrets. As far as I know, he hasn't done so.