"A desalambrar"

illonph illonph at pacbell.net
Sat May 10 12:52:06 MDT 2003

What I always found so powerful in the "Nuevo Canto" as the mixture of
argentinan, chilean, and andean musical influences;  especially in the music
of Mercedes Sosa,  it seemed to me at the time (~1965-1975) that the "zamba
tucumena" was in itself almost a music of protest.  But that SOUND was very
much a part of the Nuevo Canto.  That whole period was a great time for
music in general.

Paul H. Dillon