The Matrix Reloaded

mainman at agitprop.org.au mainman at agitprop.org.au
Mon May 12 18:58:30 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Danielle Ni Dhighe" <danielle at irsm.org>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 May, 2003 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: The Matrix Reloaded

> My personal interpretation is that the "matrix" is a good metaphor for
> bourgeois ideology.  The pill that causes the character Neo to see through
> the "matrix" could be seen as analogous to Marxism.

I tend to agree with you on that: I personally found the description of the
giant machine powered by human energy a very clear analogy to surplus value
theory. But, of course I have to qualify that: like any form of political
allegory it's open to an extraordinary range of political interpretations.

John