Los desaparecidos de Mercedes-Argentina

Lueko Willms Lueko.Willms at t-online.de
Mon May 19 03:55:08 MDT 2003

> # Subject: Re: Los desaparicidos de Mercedes-Argentina (was: Nazis and imperialism: Help needed)
> # From: Lueko.Willms at t-online.de (Lueko Willms)
> # Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:46:26 +0200 (MES)

>   Here are parts of the appearance of José Rodriguez before the
> "Truth commission" on the crimes of the military dictatorship, which
> might answer your question about the action or non-action of José
> Rodríguez:

   According to an arcticle in the "left" German daily "die
tageszeitung" dated July 30, 2003, this questioning of José Rodríguez
took place on August 16, 2001:
> http://www.taz.de/pt/2002/07/30/a0158.nf/text.ges,1

   This article was a little side-note to the main article on the
questioning of David Filc, who was employed by Mecedes Argentina
since 1960, and was on the board of directors from the early 70ies
until 1982, by the "Truth Commission".

   Filc, who initially had refused to talk to the Truth Commission,
and who visited at his home by the commission, appeared to me as a
tragic figure. Shortly after he joined Mercedes Argentina, Adolf
Eichmann was kidnapped by the Israeli secret service. Eichmann was
employed by Mercedes Argentina...

   Filc said that he was "THE jew at THAT company", where, he said
"many SS-people had influential positions". Relatives of Filc had
been murdered in occupied Poland by the Nazis. Filc had been
treasurer of the Jewish community, and complained that the people who
had made the attack on the community center, costing the life of 86
people, had not been put to justice.

   Filc had to maintain contacts with the military, one of the
largest customers of Mercedes Argentina. The dictatorship's ministry
of interior, Albano Hardinguy, invited him to the marriage of his
son. The commander of the army's 1st corps, Carlos Guillermo Suarez
Mason, told him at lunch about the work of the torture and murder
units under his command.

   In 1982, Filc left Mercedes Argentina after pressures from his
wife. He had suffered a heart attack. While he chatted with the
uniformed murderers, relatives of his wife were prosecuted as
guerrilleros, some fleeing to other countries.

   In Filc's living room, where the questioning took place, was a
foto of Filc's son Dani, who moved to Tel Aviv in 1984 and is an
activist in the "doctors for human rights" there. As doctor in a
reserve regiment of Israel's armed forces he called to refuse
servicing in the occupied territories.

   [I'm just transscribing Gaby Weber's article].

   Filc claimed to have known nothing about the disappearances of the
Mercedes union leaders, but he told Gaby Weber privately, that
Mercedes Argentina took advantage of the dictatorship to get rid of
the union leaders by denouncing them as "subversives".

    The justiciary (or legal adviser?) of Mercedes Benz Argentina,
Pablo Cueva seems to have been the person who handed the list of
"subversives" in the plant to the military. He recognized the
signature on the note as his own.

   He also admitted that the company had made contributions to the
army, about 2 million USD per year, e.g. by giving to the army
compound "Campo de Mayo" medical instruments for the treatment of
premature births. Sure, not to the military hospital, where the
officer's wives deliver their offspring, but to the barracks. During
the dictatorship, pregant women were held there...

   Ruben Lavallen, who had been security chief at Mercedes Argentina
since 1978, had been sentenced for appropriating a baby of one of the
disappeared.

   So far what called my attention in this article:
> http://www.taz.de/pt/2002/07/30/a0156.nf/text.ges,1

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main