What happened in history on May 19th?

Walter Lippmann walterlx at enet.cu
Mon May 19 16:26:23 MDT 2003

WHAT HAPPENED IN HISTORY ON MAY 19th?
by Walter Lippmann, Moderator, CubaNews list

May 19th is a day for joy as well as recognition for
justice-minded people everywhere in today's world.

On this date in 1890, Ho Chi Minh was born into a
family of patriotic scholars. As a child his name was
Nguyen Sinh Cung. Later it was changed to Nguyen
Tat Thanh. Still later he took the name by which he
became known internationally, Ho Chi Minh. He later
played a central role in the organization of Vietnam's
successful struggle for national independence. He
died in 1969. In his final testament, Ho Chi Minh