Chris Hedges driven from commencement ceremony

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 13:05:19 MDT 2003

I doubt it was the reason, but after listening to the speech on Democracy
Now this morning, I think I would have booed him off the stage too. It was
the most dreadful, pedantic, boring speech on the subject of the war on Iraq
I've yet heard. His heart and brain may be in (somewhat) the right place,
but listening to him for any length of time would have driven anyone nuts.
And I thought Chomsky and Zinn were bad speakers!