Correcting Lies

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Thu May 22 01:39:58 MDT 2003

>From the New York Times

C.I.A. Studying Prewar Reports on Iraqi Threat
By JAMES RISEN

WASHINGTON, May 21 - The Central Intelligence Agency has begun a review to
try to determine whether the American intelligence community erred in its
prewar assessments of Saddam Hussein's government and Iraq's weapons
programs, several officials say.

The director of central intelligence, George J. Tenet, has named a team of
retired C.I.A. officers to scour the classified intelligence reports that
were circulated inside the government before the war on a range of issues
related to Iraq, including those concerning Bagdhad's links to terrorism and
unconventional weapons, officials said. The team plans to compare those
reports with what has actually been discovered in Iraq since the war ended.

Full:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/22/international/worldspecial/22INTE.html