Henry, Hitler, et al

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu May 22 16:31:55 MDT 2003

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wrote:
> but i'd like to ask
> however, whether or not henry actually responded privately (since i see
> nothing on the list) to louis' first warning on 5/21 about the codoh
> site, and if so, what his reply was.

Indeed he did, but he didn't see it as a big deal.

> if he actually believed that
> site's analysis as credible, was he willing to be challenged about it
> and if proven wrong, be willing to apologize for and renounce it?

Actually, I removed Henry from Marxmail in the early days, with Charles
Brown in fact. They were in a flame war with James Heartfield of Living
Marxism fame and refused to call it quits. They both eventually came back.

When Henry posted an excerpt from Leni Brenner's book off the codoh.org
website, I attributed that to lack of familiarity. But when he followed
up with http://home.attbi.com/~neoeugenics/mac.htm, I figured out
something was seriously wrong. I should add, by the way, that this site
is not just anti-Semitic, it anti-Semitism based on eugenics theory of
the sort that Stephen Jay Gould lambasted in "Mismeasure of Man". The
notion that Jews can "breed" smart people makes about as much sense as
talking about black people being "bred" for athletics.

> similar with his subsequent posting to the dangoor and neoeugenics - or
> did he actually post those additional crosslinks up to spite louis
> and/or the list?  i'm just looking for clarification here.  i'm pretty
> confused as to how this all precipitated, and i haven't been able to
> really read this entire thread itself carefully enough.

I think the reason things got out of hand so quickly is that Henry's
intial post started out thusly:

"The German Jews also supported Hitler in the early days, particularly
the rich and the intellectual. The real quarrel Hitler had with the Jews
were Jewish internationalism which favored the British Empire."

This is just plain idiotic. I should have stepped in earlier to
challenge him, but I was just dumbfounded that somebody so intelligent
as Henry could come up with something so howlingly ignorant. It was a
warning that in that brilliant brain of his lurks some hobgoblins, as it
does in all of us.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org