The Matrix Redux (cont'd)

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at attbi.com
Thu May 22 16:51:27 MDT 2003

definitely two of the positive aspects was the multi-racial cast, and the
critique of the salvation/messiah narrative.  i went to see it with a bunch
of youth of color, and the first aspect was obvious to most of us, and very
encouraging and life-affirming.  the bit about the messiah/religion
critique was a bit more difficult for folks however.  unfortunately most of
my peers seem fixated on the idealist philosophizing indulged by the "fate
vs. free will" theme.

xzy