The Matrix Redux (cont'd)

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at attbi.com
Thu May 22 17:10:07 MDT 2003

i don't think either of these theories are really applicable to the
movie.  although the cast is very multi-racial, and it seems obvious this
was a conscious decision on some level, the actual content of the movie,
like most of hollywood, remains quite devoid of actual race
consciousness.  there is little if any explicit acknowledgement of the
racism characteristic of the late 20th century which the matrix's "reality"
is modeled after.  it is relatively "color-blind" in that sense.