The Matrix Redux (cont'd)

illonph illonph at pacbell.net
Tue May 27 09:07:16 MDT 2003

Louis,

Yes.  You can read all those things into the Matrix (how could you not since
e film' maker tried so mechanically to say them) but I wonder how many
non-intellectuals, non-leftists will read those things too, more likely
they'll just walk out mesmerized and wanting to drive fast on the freeway.
How many kids are going to get injured by sticks this week in  emulation of
Neo beatng up the clone agents???.  Actually sticks and staffs are more
dangerous than guns, since most kids can't get guns, but long sticks are
everyplace.  The first Matrix was good because it was new, unique, and
actually a much better film on almost every ground including music.   But I
really don't believe the first or the  second movie had any progrssive
impact at all.  --  Although I must say that I did meet one of the computer
animation artists working on the Matrix sequel last October 26 at the San
Francisco Peace March  he even leaked the plot to me. The guy was making
good money on the film; was able to buy a small condo in San Francisco, just
an assistant computer graphics artist.  For those who know Bay Area real
estate prices, that should indicate something about the bottom line of The
Matrix

Paul