Holocaust

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Sat Nov 1 18:30:31 MST 2003

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:05:56 -0500 (EST)

>From: John M Cox <coxj+AEA-email.unc.edu>
>

>>From Michael Marrus, "The Holocaust in History," (1987), 24-25:
>
>"Consistent with the Nazis's biological racism, each and every Jew was a
>threat, including the old, the ill, the women, children, and even tiny
>infants. No Jewish community could be left in peace--at least, not for
>long. At the Wannsee Conference in Jan. 1942, intended to set in motion
>the Final Solution, the minutes noted 11 million European Jews.

Is this absolutely agreed upon; ie. that 1942 was the year and official
beginning of the 'Final Solution'? I had understood that no such date,
written order was on the books or otherwise documented. Further, I
thought that the Holocaust (in its industrial version, at least) was now
thought to have begun as late as the second half of 1943-- after the
Nazis no longer had an 'if' they were going to lose the war, but a 'when'.

Macdonald