I had all my history wrong, but my son cooks heaven-scented sauces

dmschanoes dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 3 19:26:08 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nestor Gorojovsky"
How many invasions  have suffered Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua?
______________________________________

More than just invasions, US colonial attachment of Haiti, Dominican
Republic extend to control of finances, budgets, tariffs, other customs
obligations, taxation, etc.

As for the Philippines, after defeating the Philippine social republic
established by the Aguinaldo's fighters in the face of Spanish decline and
Dewey's Squadrons, the US proceeded to a maintain the archaic, obsolete,
brutal, but oh so lucrative relations of landed property and agricultural
expropriation. We call  that, not colonialism, but a protectorate.

Of thee I sing, m--therf--er, of thee I sing.  And it's not democracy or
nation-building that compose the lyrics.

Me?  I'm partial to cold spaghetti myself.  Great breakfast.

dms